Launch of new British luxury, sustainable nappy brand: Peachi Baby
Peachi Baby’s debut collection of luxury bamboo cloth nappies launches today, Friday 6th December 2019. The British brand specialises in fashionable, high-quality cloth nappies that are reusable. No single-use plastic here, Baby.
This debut collection features 10 designs by female artists. The designs are classic, with hand-drawn and painted prints in fresh colours, inspired by a love of nature. Of each inaugural design, there will be only 100 nappies made.
“Our goal is to offer parents everywhere a high-quality nappy for their child that is just as beautiful as it is sustainable,” commented Founder, Rosie Brown. “We are proud to be a female-founded company working with all female artists."
The Peachi Baby Team consists of passionate female artists who create prints by hand and with love. We believe it's better to have fewer, high quality things and have them well-loved. This ethos is reflected throughout our brand and products:
- Each piece is thoughtfully designed, carefully sourced and proudly produced in small batches. Prints are designed to be fresh yet timeless.
- One nappy fits from birth to potty (One-Size-Fits-Most). Switching to cloth full time (birth until 2.5 years old) saves around 1 tonne of plastic waste per child from nappies alone.
- Based on a calculation of 456 wears per nappy (1 being reworn every other day, with 1 day break for washing & drying, for a period of 2.5 years) the cost per wear comes to £0.04. Compare this to the unit price of disposables at ~12p.
- Custom-milled bamboo inserts will get better with age, becoming more absorbent wash after wash, and are kinder on a baby’s skin.
- Even Peachi Baby mailing bags come with an extra glue line so they can be reused and then composted.
Peachi Baby nappies are now available for pre-order and will be delivered early / mid January 2020.
More information, including fitting and care advice, is available on our website and product pages.